General health and wellbeing are usually measured in terms of regular exercise and the importance of a balanced diet. While both of these things hold great importance, the significance of the products that we use on the outer layer of our body is as worthwhile as a discussion on nutrition. Our skin, being the largest organ of our body, absorbs almost everything that is applied to it so it is important to consider how we feed and nurture our skin on a daily basis.
The average individual sprays and lathers approximately ten different skincare products every single day onto their skin. Unintentionally and perhaps unknowingly, these individuals may expose themselves to numerous harmful chemicals in the process, which may impact how the body processes those chemicals and eventually, those chemicals make their way into their body through your bloodstream.
While these skincare products that are chemical-based may come with a few particular benefits, their side effects may easily trump their advantages. Using chemical skincare regularly could expose your skin to toxic elements unnecessarily. These products can cause harmful skin side effects over time, leading to severe potential skin allergies, intolerances and allergic reactions.
How Ingredients from Skincare Products Penetrate Into Your Skin Cells
Your skin is made of 3 layers, the hypodermis, dermis and epidermis. The epidermis is the top layer that is made of connective tissue and fat. This layer comprises of dead skin cells known as corneocytes. These cells are arranged in the form of bricks and connected through desmosome.
Fatty acids known as lipids float between these cells like mortar. The acid mantle lies on top of the dead skin cells, which prevents your skin from microbes. When your skin is healthy, that barrier locks in moisture by completely blocking out invading elements.
How rapidly your skin absorbs substances depends on the thickness of your skin’s outer layer and the ability of that element to get past the barrier. Naturally organic skincare products allow beneficial nutrients to penetrate through your skin cell structure as they possess a smaller molecular structure so are easily absorbed into the skin. This may help improve your skin’s vitality by stimulating the skin’s ability to boost collagen and regenerate skin cell growth.
Consider a move towards natural and organic skincare routine. Going naturally organic isn’t only beneficial for your skin but is also better for the environment!
Vitamins are essential for the healthy development and maintenance of your skin. Naturally organic skincare products may offer naturally beneficial vitamins that help suppress pigmentation, stimulate collagen synthesis, provide anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects, and more.
Here are some benefits that different types of vitamins may provide for your skin:
- Speed up healing
- Support the skin’s immune system
- Prevent breakouts
- Hydrate the skin
- Provide skin a radiant glow
- Promote and maintain a healthy epidermis and dermis
- Retain moisture content of skin by preventing water loss
- Increase keratin production naturally
- Smooth out skin texture
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Pro Vitamin B5
- Regenerate, heal, moisturize and protect the skin
- Stabilize the skin’s natural barrier
- Retain moisture
- Improve skin softness and elasticity
- Relieve itching and reduces redness
- Neutralize free radicals
- Repair damaged skin cells
- Hydrated and brightens skin
- Aid in skin regeneration process
- Even out skin tone
- Reduce the appearance of under-eye circles
- Support the cell function, skin health and immune system
- Combat the effects of free radicals
- Reduce UV damage that leads to premature ageing
- Help to heal wounds
- Minimize or prevent the appearance of scars
- Remove irritating substances clogging the surface of the skin
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Help the body to produce elastin and collagen, reducing signs of aging
Naturally organic skincare products are often enriched with plant-based antioxidants that effectively:
- Reduce appearance of wrinkles
- Offer repair against sun damage
- Minimize scars
- Make skin firm
- Calm inflammation
Organic brands promote formulas and ingredients that are derived from the natural world through sustainable measures and practices. Natural resource-rich plants such as aloe vera, oatmeal, coconut, and avocado are rich in nutrients and organic skincare products manufactured using these ingredients are proven to improve your skin’s outer appearance over chemically manufactured alternatives.
Naturally organic skincare products such as the Sasy n Savy skin care range consist of 47 Australian natural ingredients which are extremely beneficial for your skin. Here are some of those ingredients and their associated benefits discussed below:
Benefits of Kakadu Plum
- Helps improve skin quality
- It is antioxidant-rich
- Fights free radicals
- Balances acne-prone skin
- Soothes irritation and reduces sensitivity
Benefits of Wild Rosella
- Has a high concentration of vitamin A, C and E, and antioxidants
- Imparts a sweet, fresh fragrance
- Assists in revitalizing the skin
- Restores and refreshes the senses
Benefits of Bearberry
- Lightens skin pigmentation
- Promotes a more uniform skin
- Increases the cell turnover rate
- Is packed with beneficial antioxidants
Benefits of Bilberry
- Assists with skin tightening
- Bilberry oil nourishes the skin
- Protects skin from UV radiations
To conclude, a useful tip to ‘feed your skin’ is to remind yourself that your skin is a living organism that requires maintenance, nutrition and attention to thrive. So next time you’re presented with a skin dilemma, why not make a natural choice – your skin will thank you for it!